Friday, February 8, 2008

Yoga Bike?

After a long Mardi Gras weekend of revelry and gluttony I decided detoxing my body of "Mardi Gras Excess" would be a good idea. On Wednesday night I headed over to the yoga studio that Elizabash frequents, (especially since she has given up on riding, and yes this is me calling her out!). I have taken Bikram Yoga before, about a year ago to be exact. I walked into the yoga class, thinking that I could easily do this, how hard could it be? Those were the famous last words, hahaha. I think I turned and looked at Elizabash twice and said "This is hell". I don't ever recall saying that on a training ride. As I tried my best to get into different positions, sweat was trickling down my forehead into my eyes, blinding me and then my hands would slip out of position because I was sweating so much. Sweat was all over the mat and I almost slipped on my own sweat which caused me to do a half split, it was not a pretty sight. At the end of the class the teacher encourages you to lie down and reflect and take time to relax yourself. Relax!? I could barely move! I laid on the ground out of sheer fear that I may not be able to get up. The only thing I could focus on was how I will never go to Mardi Gras again, not if it meant feeling like this afterwards. I continued to lay there until Elizabash got up and I managed to pull myself up mustering all the strength I had. I felt as though I had a 400 lb weight on me. I grabbed my mat and towels and got out of there. Later on that night I decided that the Bikrham Yoga class was the best thing I had done for myself in a long time. Despite all the pain and the sweating and awkwardness I loved it. I went back for more detox/torture last night. I am hooked! Thanks Elizabash!

No comments: