Friday, February 1, 2008

The Breakfast Bribe

The one thing that really gets me out of bed in the morning is the thought of breakfast. I love breakfast, it really is the best, all of it, cereal, eggs, toast, bacon, grits, pancakes, waffles, yum! I got up this morning and as usual texted Accident Andrews to see if we were still riding. He replied with a "Yes, and we will go to breakfast after". Breakfast is a normal topic of conversation during a ride, however it is usually not mentioned until halfway through a ride, when we need something to focus on to get us back home. So I was quite suprised to see that I was already being bribed with promises of breakfast after the ride. My internet isn't working at home, so I had to get the forecast from Weatherman Andrews (an alter ego of Accident Andrews). He said 43 and windy, I bundled up, neckwarmer included! We got up on the levee to see that no one was out as early as us, and we proceeded to the first stop, so Accident Andrews could stretch. As we were riding along my sunglasses were a tad uncomfortable so I decided to pull them off and place them over all the head garb I had on. A medium headwind fought us on the way out, when we reached Rivertown I thought we were turning around, only to my dismay did Accident Andrews inform me that we were going past the water towers. I went along with the plan because I knew a tail wind would be following us home. I expected to see others out on the levee, but we saw no one. I looked for the 6:40 group and nothing. We did see 1 guy, we actually saw him twice. We continued the ride past the water towers and made the turnaround and headed home. By the time we hit Rivertown again we had picked up speed significantly and I was enjoying the breeze. I decided to pull out my phone and take some pictures around this point, I had to pull of my 2 layers of gloves. I was holding the gloves in my hand that was steading the bike and using the other hand to try and take pictures of things I couldn't really see because it was too sunny. As I was riding along trying to take a picture and keep myself in control of the bike I lost a glove. Damn! Accident Andrews offered to go back and get the glove. I continued taking pictures. This maneuveur reminds me of trying to drive and text, not something that should really be done. I got my glove back and put the phone up. We were on our way back past the country club and I got a text at about this time from the Moviestar, calling me out for not riding. I didn't think anyone else was out there, and apparently I was wrong. I immediatley called him to let him know he was mistaken and that the Stunt Team was doing a long ride today. He still didn't believe me, I practically had to put Accident Andrews on the phone for him. Again I thought to myself, probably not a good idea to be talking on the phone while I am riding. I hung up the phone and put it away. It's a miracle I didn't crash today, with all my phone antics. We headed down off the levee and back home. The breakfast promise was upheld and it was well worth it as usual!

No comments: