Monday, January 21, 2008

BRRRRRRRR

Sometimes I am not sure if I am really seriously training by going out in the freezing cold and wind to ride or if I am just crazy. Of course regular people (i.e. those who don't ride) would call my antics crazy, but those who ride tell me to "get a trainer". I've had 3 people tell me that already today, only after I complained to them about the weather conditions. I should have taken a picture of my outfit, because I resembled the marshmallow puff from "Ghostbusters" with all the clothes I had on. I didn't think I would need it all, but once I got out there I was very happy I had on all my layers! The first loop around the lake front was very painful. I felt slow, but as the dirt and rocks were blowing past me in the other direction, I smiled, knowing that I was going forward, maybe not fast, but I was moving. At one point I even thought about walking, that thought quickly left me when I realized that I wouldn't get finished with the ride any faster! After the first loop, Accident Andrews and I decided to head out for a second loop and then turned onto Canal Blvd because the wind was brutal. We finished up the ride right under 20 and I was ready to eat a cow. Instead I opted for the usual of egg white and toast. Mmmmmm. Another day, another ride. I am looking forward to the days of warmer weather...

No comments: